Sustainable healthcare requires a paradigm shift.
Digital health transformation together with Value-Based Healthcare could ease the burden pressure improving protocols and pathways and making them more efficient.
Unfortunately adoption of digital tools, like AI, remains poor, failing to breach acceptance barriers.
Want to improve your health organisation?
- Do you want to improve patient value in your heath institution?
- Do you want to identify measureable Health Outcomes that will ignite Improvement?
- Do you want to identify which are the most successful protocol adaptations to patient specific needs?
- Do you want to promote a patient-centred culture in your institution by promoting best practice learning?
If these are key questions in your organization, then Pathways can help you find the right answers.
Pathways is an EIT-Health financed European project, free of charge for participants, that will provide answers by training hospital decision makers to use state-of-the-art data science tools in order to allow them to think out of the box anchored on the evidence collected from the daily activity at their institution.
Pathways is a learning-by-doing course that will train a new generation of hospital managers and directors to create the highest value of big data provided by health records using a state of the art data science technique called process mining (PM), an advanced tool of big data analytics, with ample successful applications in health process analysis in multiple areas such as emergency room processes, cardiovascular and diabetes disease management .
Using ready to use web tools, Pathways is based on a learning-by-doing approach: in a first phase, participants will learn the tools while using data made available by Pathways to train PM in specific use cases. In a second phase, each participant will use their own data to investigate central questions at their institution while supported by experienced data scientists of the Pathways team.
Examples of use cases of interactive process mining
The project’s goals are to:
- Train Healthcare Professionals in the use of web-based PM tools and techniques; involve them in posing questions, methodologies and providing its medical/professional knowledge to analyze clinical processes
- Use an intuitive web-based framework for PM and test with real data the potential to create new valuable information from Big Data -Disseminate best practices for improving accuracy and efficacy of data value technologies in Healthcare
- Disseminate best practices for improving accuracy and efficacy of data value technologies in Healthcare
- Hospital Universitario Dr. Peset, Valencia, Spain (16th April 2019) – FULL
- Hospital General Universitario, Valencia, Spain (24th May 2019)
- Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal (17th May 2019)
- Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden (10th June 2019 )
- If you are interested on hosting a seminar in your organization, contact us
The target audience of this course are mainly decision makers and professionals that support decision makers in the hospital, such as Hospital Managers and the Clinical Directors of specific clinical areas in a Hospital.